How does one define fame? The dictionary refers to fame as having “Widespread reputation” but how widespread does that need to be in order for you to be famous?
I am famous for:
- Honesty (about being bossy)
- Making lists
- Being the class clown
- Functioning at 4am when no one else can
- Creating excellent birthday cakes when you are aged between 1 and 5
- Wearing my heart on my sleeve
- Going to bed when most people are about to eat dinner
- Loving kids
- Requiring the three remote controls being on the same table lined up (refer back to point 8)
and while it has taken over 40 years to create this fame of my own making, the simple act of filling out a form online has assured me of my name going up in glittering lights on Thursday 27 Jan 3:36:20 AM AEDT.
If I had known it was that easy to be famous, I would have relaxed, sat back, chilled out…but then cakes wouldn’t have been made, friendships wouldn’t have been formed, tears wouldn’t have been shed, someone else would have been the class clown.
My heart wouldn’t have been on my sleeve so money wouldn’t have been raised, kids wouldn’t have been played with, volunteering wouldn’t have happened and who knows where the remote controls would be by now?
I am famous
(Sallianne McClelland 2011)